The centre should be distinct and unique in its field of work, in order to meet the requirements of the University and Society, as well as developments in rapid technological development.
Communications, information technologies and electronic systems are available throughout the university and of high quality, in line with the universally adopted technical standards, while adhering to the ethics of the profession.
Due to the "importance of information technology and the significant development of scientific and technological progress and the entry of ICT as a key element in various areas the most important of these is the process of electronic transformation from the traditional (paper) situation to e-government, which is Providing services to the citizen electronically and transforming all systems and applications in the public sector, the private sector, civil society organizations and men work to the electronic situation in an effective, efficient and transparent manner that serves national development and the building of a diversified and knowledge-based competitive economy.
One of the first functions of the information Technology Centre is therefore to employ this technology in the delivery of public services to promote good governance and the participation of students and professors and citizens, equality and social justice, and transparency, accountability, efficiency and effectiveness in government action to achieve A diversified and competitive economy based on knowledge, promotion and development of the scientific process and making the university a scientifically sober university.
With regard to the development of the learning aspect of the university, the vision and mission of the Information Technology Centre is to build an electronic university by accomplishing the following objectives:
- E-government within the university and develop the capacity of the human cadres working at the university to keep abreast of technological development.
- Convert all services, systems and applications from traditional (paper) status to electronic status and standardize these systems to build integrated electronic governance.
- Development of the university's Web site is a mirror reflective of the accelerated development of the scientific and educational process at the university and is an interactive portal for all students, teachers and employees of the university.
- Development of an e-learning system, interest in scientific content and adoption of the global standard, thus raising the rankings of the university globally.
- Strengthening the e-governance infrastructure, which is essentially an effective computer network.
- Building interactive applications for students with the university library, electronic classes and global libraries.
- Training of university professors and staff in specialized courses in all areas of information and communication technology, e-governance and the government and networks and in line with the importance of developing the capacity of human cadres working at the university and keeping abreast of technological development.
- The Centre maintains specialized training courses in all fields of science and all staff of Iraqi ministries and universities.
- To provide scientific and technical advice in various scientific and technological disciplines and to the various ministries of the state and Iraqi universities.
- The Centre has the capacity and the potential to build joint cooperation in the delivery of scientific, development and research projects and with all State ministries.
- The Centre has a special vision in the field of computer literacy, technology and various social strata in the public sector, the private sector and civil society organizations.
- The Centre strives for joint cooperation with the private sector to achieve sustainable development and to exchange scientific and practical experience through joint ventures and workshops.